Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Part-time blogger

My time and my internet access will be seriously curtailed for the forseeable future. I should be able to pop in over the weekends, but it looks like midweeks will see me away from the keyboard. Hopefully my new found blogger friends will understand.
As a construction worker, it is that time of the year. I have gotten used to "taking it while it's there", 'it' being work and money. Usually that involves long hours and sleeping in motels. I think the motel I booked has a computer in the lobby, so maybe it won't be as bad as I first expected. I know they have internet available, but I don't have a laptop.
So far it looks like my next job will only be 60 hours per week. I don't expect to be there for more than 6 or 8 weeks, then it's anybodies guess what's next. Sure does suck having to work for a living, but I guess I wouldn't be an "Average American" if I didn't!! Please feel free to leave comments and I'll respond when I can.

Joe

11 comments:

Beth said...

Well Joe this is a bummer, because I do like your blog. I will check in from time to time, just in case. Take care of yourself out there!

C.H. said...

I understand what you're talking about. This Summer, I'm hoping to take part in a volunteer project overseas in Africa, which will put me away from my blog for about a month or so.

But then again, I suppose its better to be out there making a difference instead of just writing about it on my computer.

Beth said...

That is very cool, c.h.

The Griper said...

joe,
blogging should be seen as a hobby not as a job, so don't worry we'll be here when you get back.

Fallen' Angel said...

Like Beth, I too shall miss seeing your regular posts, but I also completely echo the gripper's sentiments.
We will definetly be here when you get back to your regular blogging schedule.

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

Will be cheking in on you from time to time. Make it while you can.

Average American said...

Thanks everyone. Just got home from a grueling week. My schedule is 12 hours per day, six days a week, and the worst part is----NIGHT SHIFT!! I didn't work Saturday because I couldn't get a motel room for that night. Worked 48 hours in 4 days (didn't start the job until Tuesday), enough to kill a young man----so what am I doing here??

Beth said...

You must be one tough cookie then.

MathewK said...

Hang in there Joe, yeah working for a living has it's ups and downs, we all have to do it, blogging doesn't pay any bills. Make that money while you can.

Beth said...

Yes, unfortunately blogging can't help pay the bills, but it is a nice way to vent one's frustrations while getting to know people in the blogoshere.

Texas Truth said...

I knwo this will be tought on you, but we all have to make a living. Unless, or course, you are a welfare-using liberal democrat. Take care and post when you can. You job and family ALWAYS come first.