Sunday, October 5, 2008

On the lighter side



I thought I'd take a break from serious political discussion for today. I need to rest my brain and lower my blood pressure. Maybe some of you are feeling the same way. This satire is political, but it pokes fun at ALL OF THEM. God knows with a 17% approval rating they deserve it! I have no clue who wrote it, I got it in an e-mail the other day. It may be satire, but it speaks volumes of truth.

An Indian walks into a cafe with a shotgun In one hand, pulling a male buffalo with the other.

He says to the waiter:

'Want coffee.'

The waiter says, 'Sure, Chief. Coming right up.'

He gets the Indian a tall mug of coffee.

The Indian drinks the coffee down in one gulp,

Turns and blasts the buffalo with the shotgun,

Causing parts of the animal to splatter everywhere

And then, he just walks out.



The next morning the Indian returns.

He has his shotgun in one hand, pulling

Another male buffalo with the other.

He walks up to the counter and says to

The waiter,

'Want coffee.'

The waiter says 'Whoa, Tonto!

We're still cleaning up your mess from yesterday.

What the h--- was all that about, anyway?'

The Indian smiles and proudly says ..

'Training for position in Congress:

Come in, drink coffee, shoot the bull,

Disappear for rest of day.

Leave mess for others to clean up!'

11 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

Well done. I loved it.

WomanHonorThyself said...

ha woohoo!

Average American said...

I just had to put a little humor in there. I can't wait for November to get here. The election will be over. The political adds will be over. Hunting season will start. YAH!!

MathewK said...

LOL

Thanks Joe, that's sure did lower the blood pressure a bit, for now. :)

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

Very well done, it may even have lowered my blood pressure as well, at least for a few minutes..

shoprat said...

I think he's got it down.

Brooke said...

Yup.

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

How true that is. I am getting kinda burned out on politics anyhow

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

The truth hurts. . .

BZ

Average American said...

It worked. I'm 110/70. Burned out on politics, that's exactly right Old Soldier. Yes, BV, the truth DOES hurt. If and when we ever get a Congress that does the people's business instead of their business, maybe the ratings will go up and I would get blasted for poking fun at them. That is certainly not the case right now though, is it?