Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sarah Palin's speech




“Don’t you think we made the right choice for the next vice president of the United States?” asked McCain, who is to give his formal acceptance speech Thursday night.


Yes, I do!

If you missed Sarah Palin's wonderful speech tonight, all I can say is "find it somewhere." What a brilliant speech it was. Here are a few quotes to whet your appetite:

“I'm just your average hockey mom signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids’ public education better.”

“I’m not a member of the permanent political establishment, and I’ve learned quickly these past few days that if you’re not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone."

“But here’s a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I’m not going to Washington to seek their good opinion,” she said. “I’m going to Washington to serve the people of this country.”

“Since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves,” Palin said. “I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.”

“I might add that in small towns, we don’t quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren’t listening,”

“Here’s how I look at the choice Americans face in this election. In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change."

“There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you, in places where winning means survival and defeat means death, and that man is John McCain.”

“Sometimes, even the greatest joys bring challenge, and children with special needs inspire a special love,” Palin said.

“To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters,” she said. “ I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House.”


Romney, Huckabee, and Giuliani also gave good speeches. I especially liked when Giuliani made reference to executive decisions made. He noted that Palin has made more than the other ticket combined! That line brought down the house.

Palin performed her job impeccably tonight. She absolutely slaughtered NOBAMA without ever once even uttering his name. I think the country will see why she was chosen for the number two slot, and it is my opinion that the Great State of New Hampshire can be painted in RED! I stick to the predictions of my previous post!

13 comments:

Z said...

Oh, Joe! Thanks for picking these up! and thanks SO much for coming by geeeeeZ! I like your input!

Isn't she utterly AMAZING!? You think the attack dogs will take a break? I think they're SCARED WITLESS and it can only get uglier but I"m going to try not to get too down about it!

great post...I hope more people think about what she said. My favorite part was about TAXES....great job. effective (i hope)

The Griper said...

the gal has a head on her shoulders and backbone too,then you can add heart. what a woman!! and i do mean woman.

Anonymous said...

The blogs are just full of new enthusiasm this morning. I think we have found our newest Super Star.

Anonymous said...

It seems that every blog is about our new super star this moring. We all can be very proud of her and John McCain today.
I can't wait til she kicks Bidens ass in the debates.

MathewK said...

I saw some of the previous speeches and saw her on the evening news down here, i was shocked that they even showed her, usually with the scumbag media, it's only obama, obama and some old guy somewhere doing something. I'll try and find her speech somewhere on the net, i'm sure i will, one of the things i've noted of late is that there is a dramatic change in the blogosphere alone since Palin was picked, we've all moved on from pointing out flaws in Obama and banging on about him to Palin, it's almost as if we don't care about Obama anymore, he can prance and pose and prattle on about change and whatever else, we're just not listening. Heck even his own camp is scrambling and focussing on Palin, desperate to find something, anything, screw it, just outright lie about her. We've moved on from Obamania, i believe it's called confidence, and that's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I was in her corner form the very first minute I seen and heard her.

WomanHonorThyself said...

hi there Joe..youre spot on!..only the photoshopped pic of her in the bikini is insulting IMHO..great work and hey!..visit WHT more often eh?..-Angel..:)

Rachel said...

Palin is my new hero. I love her. I, like Throwing Stones, can't wait to see her kick Biden's ass in the debates. I loved what McCain said last night that he "can't wait to introduce her to Washington". God in Heaven, PLEASE let them win!

Brooke said...

Rudy was on fire. I wish he could've had some of that during the primaries!

Palin's speech was fantastic, too! Now I hear that most of it was on the fly because her teleprompter operator screwed up.

Imagine Obama's Uhs and Ums if that happened to him! LOL!

Average American said...

Hello everyone!

No Z, I doubt the attack dogs will retire. What else can they do?

She sure does Griper. She is one smart cookie!

It's the only news worth blogging about Saint! Super Star, I like the ring to that.

Throwing Stones, I feel bad for Joe Biden, I actually kinda liked the guy at one time.

MK, thanks for the visit, always nice to hear from "down under". Is she as popular there as here?

Same here DD2, a no-brainer!

WHT, you're right about the picture, I just found out it was photoshopped, should have known better. My guess is that she isn't as---hefty---as the pic. Consider it gone, and yes, I plan to visit more often.

Rachel, welcome to my humble abode! I get more confident with every passing day that they WILL win in November.

I agree Brooke, Rudy did a fantastic job. Ya have to love his sense of humor! I also heard that the teleprompter broke down. What a truely GIFTED speaker! NOBAMA has met his match! Watch and see if Sarah Palin doesn't steal his thunder/adoration.

My new term that I hope people steal and spread around----PALINATION!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Super Srat indeed.
We have found us a star, and just in time!
Thanks John McCain!

WomanHonorThyself said...

have a great weekend and keep up the great fight!:)

Average American said...

Bob, thank you for visiting and welcome to the blogosphere.

WHT, you have a great weekend too. Notice the offending picture is gone, replaced with Mr. and Governor Palin.