Monday, July 6, 2009

God Bless America Again - Bobby Bare

Here's another excellent song and clip from an excellent songmaster. Did I detect a tear of two as you watched this?


Bobby Bare


GOD BLESS AMERICA AGAIN

God bless America again.
You must know the trouble that she's in.
Wash her pretty face, dry her eyes and then
God bless America again.

Narration:
You know I wish God would bless America again
Like he did way back there when it all began.
He blessed her then, and we sort of took it for granted
And didn't ask again
So lets just kinda' hold her hand now that's all
In case she stumbles, lets don't let her fall

God bless America again.
You must know the trouble that she's in.
Wash her pretty face, dry her eyes and then
God bless America again.

Narration:
I don't understand everything I read and hear
About what's wrong with America.
When you don't have a lot of book learnin'
There's many things you don't understand
But I know this much, she's like a mother to me
And I love her with all my heart
And let me tell you this Sir, everything I am
Or ever hope to be, I owe to her.

God bless America again.
You must know the trouble that she's in.
Wash her pretty face, dry her eyes and then
God bless America again.

Oh yes God bless America again...

9 comments:

shoprat said...

Can God bless America with her current disregard for Him? Our problem isn't God withdrawing His blessings from us, but our deserving that withdrawal.

Brooke said...

Good one... But I agree with Shoprat.

Hell, the so-called leader of this nation said that we weren't a Christian nation anymore.

MathewK said...

Same here shoprat, God will help those who turn to him, but so few will even acknowledge him these days, let alone turn to him.

WomanHonorThyself said...

amen my friend..AMEN! (hugs!)

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

We need to see more of him.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Yes, we went astray. But on the other hand we also allowed GWB to spend like a drunken sailor on shore leave and we held him NOT much to task for doing so.

The Lord WILL help those who help themsevles.

BZ

Z said...

get the Kleenex.........

just wonderful

Average American said...

Shoprat, Brooke, MK, I happen to believe in a merciful God who will NOT forsake us for what SOME people have become. Truthfully, your comments surprised and dismayed me.

Angel, thank you and HUGS back atcha.

PCC, "there are no atheists in a foxhole." Americans are kind of in a foxhole right now, at least some of us are.

BZ, you are 100% correct. Bush was certainly NO fiscal conservative. It makes iot hard for the Republican party to chastise NObama for it now. Bush is the reason I dropped out of the Republican party a couple years ago. I have been registered as an Undeclared voter ever since.

Z, thank you, I found it to be a very patriotic and hopeful song. Bobby Bare was always a good singer, but I believe this was his finest.

shoprat said...

If He had totally forsaken us we'd be destroyed but He is withholding His full blessings right now until we are more worthy.

I love America and desperately want God to bless her but He also disciplines the willful child and right now our nation is being disciplined. A father who loves his children will discipline them for their own good.