Saturday, June 28, 2008

Clinton supporters 4 McCain




Why vote for McCain?

Probably the most common question we're asked in feedback emails is, "Why, if you're Hillary Clinton supporters, would you EVER vote for evil republican John McCain or any other evil republican" or, words to that effect. (Their illiterate mis-spells corrected here, of course.)

We're also getting emails asserting that the only reason anyone WOULD vote for McCain is because they're racist. Both common questions/statements have the same source -- blind partisanship and built in excuse-making and blame-shifting. Both assume simple motives, both assume everyone's a puppet, parrot robot like the writers of these emails obviously are. For them and everyone else, there is a simple answer:

Same reason we were for Hillary Clinton and voted for her in the primaries, 18 million of us. We were and are against Junior Senator Barack Hussein Obama for the same reasons as always -- he's not qualified, he's not experienced, he's not honorable and we don't trust him to hold the nation's Highest Office. John McCain is the only viable candidate left who we believe has all those qualities and more.

This is a man who served his country in a time of war, whose grandfather and father were both admirals in the United States Navy, who was himself a naval aviator, and was almost killed on July 29, 1967 when he was at the epicenter of the fire aboard the USS Forrestal. He escaped from his burning jet and was trying to help another pilot escape when a bomb exploded; McCain was struck in the legs and chest by fragments. The ensuing fire killed 134 sailors and took 24 hours to control.

With the Forrestal out of commission, McCain volunteered for assignment with the USS Oriskany where he continued to fly combat missions until being shot down over Hanoi on Oct. 26, 1967.

His political life has always been met with resistance and challenges -- and he has always stood up to them. A good early example of that was in 1982, during his first-ever run for political office.

McCain ran as a Republican for an open seat in Arizona's 1st congressional district. As a newcomer to the state, McCain was hit with repeated charges of being a carpetbagger. McCain responded to a voter making the charge with what a Phoenix Gazette columnist would later label as "the most devastating response to a potentially troublesome political issue I've ever heard":

"Listen, pal. I spent 22 years in the Navy. My father was in the Navy. My grandfather was in the Navy. We in the military service tend to move a lot. We have to live in all parts of the country, all parts of the world. I wish I could have had the luxury, like you, of growing up and living and spending my entire life in a nice place like the First District of Arizona, but I was doing other things. As a matter of fact, when I think about it now, the place I lived longest in my life was Hanoi."

We'll take McCains experience, dedication, patriotism, decades of honorable service, his staying power, courage, stamina and optimistic outlook for the future of this country over Obama's cult-like near-religious fearmongering, cowardly race baiting and class warfare campaign. He's shown us no changes thus far, relying on the decades-old, dogeared playbook of 'how to get elected as a Democrat.'

We won't waste our vote by trying to write-in Hillary or staying at home -- we will vote for John McCain, for REAL change. That change being, having a qualified, experienced, patient, hardened man as POTUS for the first time since 1989.


There's a new website out there you might want to check out. It's Clintons for McCain.com. Christi Adkins, the young lady in the picture above, just started out on this venture and already has well over 1,000 members, including the Average American! The article above is just a sample of her writing. Be sure to read some of the forum posts too. There are a lot of intelligent people there. One last thing, from now on I will use my new (stolen) name for the liberal presidential candidate, NOBAMA!

6 comments:

r-keen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MathewK said...

For the Fourth - Happy Birthday America, may you have many, many more and thank you for what you are, a beacon for what is good, for freedom, for liberty, for hope in this dark and dangerous world and for being the protective brother who we don't appreciate and acknowledge enough.

Thank you most of all to your sons and daughters who put their lives on the line, in distant parts of the world for those they don't even know, for something bigger than themselves.

Average American said...

From this vet, THANK YOU, MK. I think I speak for all, or most all vets when I say that it is a good feeling to know efforts are appreciated by some people. We Americans have to thank you Aussies also. How many countries joined us in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam? Not many. Your countrymen were superb fighters in Vietnam. They were emmensely feared by the Vietcong. It was an honor to serve with them.

Lista said...

Why should a Democrat vote for McCain? That's easy. Because he's not really that conservative. The real question is why should a Conservative Republican vote for him?

The accusation that McCain supporters are all racist is totally ridiculous. I laugh every time that I hear that.

Actually, I probably am going to vote for McCain, but I really do wish he was more conservative than he is.

Average American said...

I hear you Lista. I don't like his stand on immigration at all. The rest, I either agree with or can tolerate. The war in Iraq and foreign policy are my biggest issues, so it was a no-brainer for me. McCain has been my choice from the beginning.

If anyone is racist, it's NOBAMA and his supporters. If 90% of the whites were voting against him, we would NEVER hear the end of the uproar. You don't hear a peep about 90% of the blacks voting for him though, do ya?? He and his reverend buddy are as racist as it gets!!! I know he feels like Whitey owes him something, even though he is half white, and his wife---I won't even go there.

Thank you for your rationality on who to vote for. I hope not too many conservatives desert the ticket and put NOBAMA in office. Z's post about 2010 might change a few minds, I hope so.

Lista said...

I really do hate the fact that this election is so much about the war. There are times in which I feel confused about it. I think that Obama is way too lax about it. He wants to get the troops out in far too much of a hurry, yet McCain is so strong in this area that I'm not sure if I can trust him to get out as soon as he should.

I'm also concerned about the moral issues of Abortion and Homosexuality. I also don't agree with his environmental policies. Unfortunately, there is very little that I agree with him on. I can't tell you how upset I am that he is our nominee, yet Obama is far worse, so what can I do?

I think Romney would have handled the war issue alright. I trusted his judgment. Oh well.

Yeh, people have a tendency to accuse others of their own faults, just as those who are voting for Nobama are accusing the rest of us of racism.

I thought Z-man was with Beth on this issue. I'll have to read the post you mentioned. Beth really confuses me at times and since I live in such a liberal state in which Republicans are usually out voted anyway, I must admit that I am very tempted to vote Third Party.