Friday, March 7, 2008

Open letter to Americans

The following open letter is from an anomynous women in Iraq to any American who will listen. I realize that not all Iraqis feel this way, but from all I read and see, this does appear to be the majority feeling. This is the overriding issue for me and it is why I support John McCain for President.

.......I am an Iraqi who lived all her life in Iraq. During Saddam's Time we were more than hopeless. we were counting days in a life that became a curse. Saddam who were appearing more than 5 times a day with his pictures in each an every corner of Iraq. My cousin was one of Saddam's regimes victims. My cousin was executed for no reason other than one of the secret police wrote a false report against him. his family stayed waiting for 6 months having no clue where their son might be till the secret police bring his corpse. To be honest I was dying to see the end of Saddam not because I want to revenge my cousin death but because that monster did the most horrible crimes against the Iraqi people. I would say that the Iraqis would appreciate what the US did if it kept its promises of free democratic country. however the U.S. did not come with clear and well arranged plan. To be fair the Arab and neighboring countries did all their best to destroy Iraq and to halt this new era in Iraq. Leaving Iraq now as Democrats trying to do will be the most stupid idea. the want to fix the situation with worse mistakes without any care for the iraqis'. I also want to clarify that the other U.S. presidents were not angels nor Bush was the worse as it had been stated by Hilary Clinton whose her husband left Iraqis dying under the sanctions. All the previous American presidents were responsible of what is happening in Iraq either by helping Saddam or by turning a blind eye to his crimes if not supporting him. Iraqis were abandoned by the U.S. administration in 1991 so do not abandon us for the second if not the third time. I wish that U.S. completes with good intent what Bush publicly said of free democratic Iraq

Regards.......

I cut and pasted this letter exactly as I found it. I wish I could link to it, but I can't now find where I got it, another blog somewhere perhaps.

1 comment:

Tapline said...

This letter reminds me of a young Thai woman I spoke with many years ago. We were discussing what America was and wasn't going to do as it related in that area. She had been educated in the US. She said, I just pray one thing, that the US will not just up and leave us one day....Of course, I said, "No I don't think so....We are really committed to defeating the communist here." How wrong I was it wasn't long after that we started our withdrawal....and the wholesale murder began. But we as a nation didn't seem to care because we hated the military and as is happening in England now,,They were advised against wearing their uniforms once they hit US soil...History repeating itself????? I ramble....stay well....